1) That time the bus blew up in the middle of the desert. With 6 people & 2 tonnes of gear, 300ks from where we were staying. Luckily a man from a nearby indigenous community agreed to drive us and tow the trailer to our next event.
As far as we know, said bus is still in Parachilna (marked with an X below)
2) Then we hired a 4WD so we could do 2,200ks, 5 events and 24 hours of driving over the next 6 days. Before the inevitable happened…
This time on the Oodnadatta Track (point 2 on the map).
Let’s just say that the second South Australian tour of 2013 wasnt the best time in our lives.
3) When we had our first national TV appearance. At 5.30am the day after Anzac Day celebrations and… one after another, every single rider crashed during a live cross while the dude was reading the weather.
If anyone managed to record this – I will pay good money for it!
4) When not even a wet towel and a Bee onesie could rescue Droppy from himself.
5) That time Zammit gave himself a hair cut in Adelaide.
But what’s a new hairstyle, without a gentle mist of fake tan? Especially when you’re a pro BMX rider…
6) When this hotel room happened. Three beds, 12o kilos of event gear, 3 humans, 1 BMX and 6 trillion mosquitos. This was home for 3 glorious nights… Cairns – the place of nightmares.
7) When Darwin had no accommodation – so we opted for a Wicked Camper. And the boys got us a free night’s usage by collecting it nude…. The artwork on the van was completely unexpected and it made everyone in the Northern Territory hate us. Except the Council ladies.. they managed to fit in a sneaky selfie with the van after the event had finished. LOLZ.